09 Aug Managed Services System Engineer – Pinnacle Business Systems
Pinnacle Business Systems is currently hiring an experienced Managed Services Systems Engineer.
Our Engineers are key contributors to our success here at Pinnacle Business Systems, a 2017 CRN SP500 and Inaugural CRN Triple Crown award winner.
As a Managed Services Systems Engineer, you’ll be responsible for maintaining Pinnacle’s managed services IT network, servers and security systems. This includes investigating and diagnosing network problems, collecting IT usage stats, making recommendations for improving said IT systems and carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions.
In addition, this role may also provide services to Pinnacle’s infrastructure customers, in the same fashion – with encouragement to continue to expand on skills.
Essential Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide customer support through onsite visits, phone and remote access to solve technical issues within a variety of fast-paced businesses.
- Service Request management – Identify, categorize and organize service requests according to priority and monitor queues and managed services alerts
- Field incoming requests efficiently while working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Schedule system installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
- Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems and modify existing systems to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Provide technical support via on-call rotation, as required for both Pinnacle’s IT environment and Pinnacle’s customer base Author, document, and maintain all technical documentation including documentation of internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Perform seamless operations of all system hardware, software, peripherals and infrastructure required to support Windows domain environments
- Prioritize issues and address time sensitive issues promptly Server and Desktop troubleshooting and proactive / preventive maintenance
- Updates skill expertise by participating in educational opportunities, in classroom, on-demand and self-study environments.
- Some local travel may be required.
Essential Experience includes, but not limited to:
- Basic network troubleshooting skills; VPN, TCP/IP, IP Subnetting, Firewall Access Rules, and OS modelBasic storage protocol troubleshooting skills; iSCSI, fibre channel, NFS, CIFS, raid types
- Experience implementing and/or managing alert and performance management software
- Microsoft Windows 7, 10, 2008, 2012 R2 and MS Office 2010/2013/ 2016
- Windows PowerShell scripting (Create scripts to simplify procedures)
- Windows server roles including (but not limited to ) Active Directory Services, GPOs, DNS, DHCP, SQL server
- Office 365 administrationServer/ Fife Backup strategies
Attributes we look for:
- Ability to maintain an extreme sense of urgency in all interactions with the customerSkilled in oral and written communication
- Robust problem solving skills – we encourage our engineers to think outside the box & find solutions
- Hands on experience of installing IT hardware and software
- Professional, creative and dynamic presence and the ability to communicate with people at all levelsStrong interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a solid troubleshooting methodology
- At least 5 years of experience with the installation, configuration and support of PC’s, servers and peripheral equipment
- Able to lift 35 pounds (Servers, Computers, Network Hardware, Cabling, )
- Ability to work off-peak hours to respond to customer needs and ensure availability of PCs and critical systems.
This position reports directly to the Director of Delivery Services & PMO.
Pinnacles’ solution offerings are focused around the following core areas: Big Data & Advanced Analytics, Consumption-Based Computing, Advanced Automation, Security, Next-Generation Infrastructure and Software-Defined Solutions.
Only individuals that meet these qualifications and requirements will be considered for this position and considered a candidate. Please send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
About Pinnacle Business Systems
Pinnacle has developed an environment that offers real opportunity, achievement and advancement. Our culture fosters a spirit of pride, accomplishment and camaraderie that makes Pinnacle a great place to invest in your future. Our company is stronger than ever, and we realize that our primary strength is our employees. We provide employees with the tools, direction and support to improve upon their skills and make the most of their experience at Pinnacle. Visit www.pbsnow.com for more information about Pinnacle Business Systems.
The employment policy of PBS is to provide an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, age or disability in regard to any position for which any employee or applicant is qualified.