07 Dec Technical Support Specialist
Position: Technical Support Specialist
Reports to: Director of Infrastructure
FLSA Status: Non – Exempt
Date Created: December 2018
amshot doesn’t have a typical corporate culture. Our clients aren’t cogs, and our employees aren’t either. We strive to view every challenge, task, relationship, and interaction—inside and outside of the office—through the lens of having fun, valuing honesty, giving back to our community, and doing things differently…in the best way. If you’re interested in being a part of a unique culture, keep reading.
Provide diagnosis and repairs for software issues in a timely and professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field incoming incident or service requests from internal customers via telephone, email and web in a courteous manner.
- Build rapport and elicit incident details from technical support customers to record incidents – document all pertinent end customer identification information, including name, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Classify, prioritize and escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced IT personnel.
- Ability to think on his/her feet and use initiative to resolve client issues. Good problem-solving skills and follow through, with the ability to multi-task.
- Responsible for accurate and timely technology support and problem resolution for products.
- Record, track, and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Access knowledge bases, policy manuals, frequently asked questions resources and other reference materials to aid in problem resolution.
- Recommend or suggest methods to update, simplify and enhance processes, procedures and technologies.
- Preparing report and provide accurate and timely information to management
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and apply technical materials.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak effectively with people at any level.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation to complete tasks without direct supervision.
- Proven ability to efficiently multi-task and maintain a positive attitude in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational ability and detailed oriented.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- Ability to solve problems utilizing analytical thought process, which may involve multiple contacts.
- Windows 7/8/10
- Mac OS
- Mobile Operating Systems (iOS, Android)
This is sedentary work that requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting or standing for long periods, walking, finger dexterity, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and visual acuity including close vision.
- Occasional lifting (up to 10 pounds of computer equipment or paper).
- May be required occasionally to stoop or kneel.
- Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
- Normal office environment
- Minimal noise level
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign job duties as required. This job description is not to be construed as a guaranteed contract of employment for a definite period of time.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and optional cover letter to email@example.com.