Like beer and networking? Then stop by Techmas on Tap hosted by Robert Half Technology in Tulsa on December 14th!
We are excited to feature our December 1st Gala keynote speaker Major General Rita Aragon, who will share her inspiring journey and lessons on how to be a fearless leader - no matter what industry you're in.
Major General LaRita "Rita" A. Aragon is a retired United States Air National Guard two-star general who is currently serving as the Oklahoma Secretary of Veterans Affairs. Major General Aragon’s story is an inspiring journey of many “firsts”:
>>First woman to hold the position of VA Secretary. As Secretary, Aragon serves as Governor Mary Fallin's chief advisor on matters related to the policies and operations of the Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs.
>>First female commander in the history of the Oklahoma Air National Guard when she assumed command of the 137th Services Squadron at Will Rogers World Airport Air National Guard Base.
>>First female to hold the rank of Brigadier General in the history of the United States Air National Guard as the commander and Assistant Adjutant General for the Oklahoma Air National Guard.
Not only has she been a passionate leader throughout her career, but she is also passionate about making a difference in the lives of Oklahomans. Major General Aragon serves on the boards of the Red Cross Chapter of Central Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Commission on the Status of Women and the Girl Scouts of Western Oklahoma. She was named by The Journal Record as 2008 Woman of the Year, and in 2009, was inducted in the Oklahoma Women's Hall of Fame.
For tickets to the Gala, please visit:
Grow with Google will be in OKC at The Devon Boathouse on December 6th. You do not want to miss this opportunity to be coached by Google Engineers and expand your network!
Register at the link below.
Check out this first-time conference coming to Oklahoma, and hear our OKWIT President, Brandy Semore, speak about women in technology and what practices can be applied to improve today's statistics. Government Technology’s passion is helping spread best practices and spurring innovation in the public sector.
At the OKWIT Gala on December 1st, in addition to our keynote speaker (General Rita Aragon), we will be presenting an award to a leading woman in STEM for the difference they have made and continue to make for women in the stem community here in Oklahoma. We are excited to announce that Dr. Cynthia Rolfe will be the recipient of this award!
Many of the reasons cited for Dr. Rolfe’s nomination include (just to name a few):
• Her expansive career in technology, retiring as Sr. Vice-President and CIO of University of Central Oklahoma after being the longest serving member of the president’s cabinet.
• Her dedication to mentoring women and helping them grow not only in their careers, but as women in the professional realm.
• Her dedication to leadership in non-profits in Oklahoma; Edmond Area Chamber of Commerce, Edmond Fine Arts Institute, The Women’s Center, Oklahoma Women in Technology and the Coles Innovation Forum… to name a few.
• Her dedication to helping OKWIT develop a successful mentorship program, allowing women the opportunity to gain impactful feedback within an organized offering, for further professional growth.
• Her developed model of balanced living known as Seven Wheel.
• Her journey of continued promotion for supporting and advocating for women through the book she is now writing, “Inspiring Women.”
For tickets to the Gala, please visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/oklahoma-women-in-technology-2017-gala-tickets-38608824032