What We Do
Simply put, we make websites easier to use. Through a scientific method of determining which site improvements result in actual performance improvements, we replace the old way of designing sites through gut feel and management opinions with designing sites through data. We are a fully distributed team, committed to building an inclusive culture and doing the best work of our careers together.
Director of Optimization (remote)
As a Director of Optimization at Cro Metrics, you will be managing an account team comprised of individuals who provide client strategy, analysis, and project management to continually drive positive impact for a portfolio of clients. Your primary role is to enable your team, and subsequently our clients, to be successful. Further, you’ll be a coach and mentor, working closely with your team to help them develop their skills and careers, growing professionally within Cro Metrics. Typically, client engagements are structured as follows:
- Partnering with the client to understand their growth KPIs, and designing a Conversion Rate Optimization program that specifically looks to drive impact while gaining critical customer insights
- Identifying opportunities to improve the client’s website, aligned with their goals and KPIs, which leads to ideation, prioritization, road-mapping, design, build, and launching website experiments or personalization campaigns
- Diving deep into results to deliver the data story, learnings, and recommendations
- Helping the client develop a Culture of Experimentation
- Managing all aspects of the client relationship from daily experiment monitoring to kicking off the renewal process to evangelizing the value of Cro Metrics
The director must be able to support, facilitate, and enable their team to successfully manage client engagements.
Experience and Skills
- 10+ years of experience managing growth marketing programs
- Experience working in professional services, specifically serving in a client-facing capacity (having run a P&L, pro forma or fiduciary responsibilities is a plus)
- 5+ years of experience of people management, including experience helping support and foster professional growth
- Lifelong learner
- Working knowledge of Conversion Rate Optimization, particularly with experimentation, personalization
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Passion for using data to improve user experiences
- Experience analyzing digital business data to inform decisions and plan strategically
- Time spent working cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment, preferably in a remote capacity
- Genuinely enjoy working with clients, their distributed stakeholder groups, and celebrating their growth
- Strong base compensation plan with a competitive bonus plan
- 100% remote, continue to work from where you are based (we’ve always been a fully-distributed team and will continue to be one once COVID is behind us)
- Health insurance reimbursement allowance
- Retirement plan with 4% company match (subject to a 3 month waiting period)
- Professional gear (e.g. MacBook, monitor, and noise-canceling headset)
- Annual All Hands trips
- Paid Parental Leave
- Liberal vacation policy
- Access to group and individual performance coaching sessions
At Cro Metrics, our goal is to create a remote environment which celebrates the differences that make us, us. We strive to create an inclusive and equitable space, but we realize we don’t always get it right. We’re continually working together to create mutual respect and opportunities to learn from one another and we encourage people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply.
We’re looking for team members located in the U.S. regardless of race, ethnicity, age, national origin, marital status, parental status, veteran status, citizenship status, gender, gender-identity/expression, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information and any other protected or unprotected class we may have missed. (BONUS: Did we miss anyone? Let us know and we’ll add it here.)
For questions and more information, please contact Ashley Clayton via Linkedin.