29 Oct Accountant/Office Manager (OKC)
Position: Accountant/Office Manager
Reports to: COO
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Date Created: October 2019
amshot empowers organizations through technology, service, and education. Our team of experts provides full-service Managed IT, 24/7 Help Desk support, vendor management, software development, Business Intelligence, application management, and more to businesses of all sizes.
amshot does not have a typical corporate culture. Our clients aren’t cogs, and our employees aren’t either. We strive to view every challenge, task, relationship, and interaction—inside and outside of the office—through the lens of having fun, valuing honesty, giving back to our community, and doing things differently…in the best way. If you’re interested in being a part of a unique culture, keep reading.
Responsible for managing all day-to-day administrative and accounting tasks, acting as a liaison between staff and the clients, and supporting staff when needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and sends weekly client invoices; records client payments.
- Receives and, when necessary, investigates accounts payable invoices.
- Codes payables for accounts and processes payments.
- Reconciles AP and AR.
- Processes payroll with a third party payroll preparation firm.
- Handles administrative duties such as processing mail, making bank deposits, writing correspondence, etc
- Prepares reconciliations and other financial analysis.
- Reconciles bank and credit card statements.
- Greet customers/visitors in a pleasant manner and assists them.
- Able to maintain confidential and proprietary information.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of two years responsible bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger and financial reports.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Determination to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate calculator, computer, and other general office equipment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Ability to maintain confidential and proprietary information.
Software Systems Preferred Experience:
- Familiarity with QuickBooks Online
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel
- Walk, list, reach, stoop, sit, squat, bend, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and type for extended periods of time for up to 10 hours.
- Occasional lifting (up to 10 pounds of computer equipment or paper).
- Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
This is primarily sedentary work that requires the following physical activities:
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people.
- Requires work with others in a group or team.
- Requires being exact or highly accurate.
- Requires meeting strict deadlines.
- Occasionally includes conflict situations.
- Occasionally requires dealing with unpleasant, angry, or discourteous individuals.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.