02 Dec Application Analyst (Tulsa)
The University of Tulsa – Information Services
The Application Analyst position is responsible for the design, implementation and support of a variety of critical campus systems. The candidate will work closely with IT staff, end users and vendors to troubleshoot and correct problems relating to applications, workflows and integrations. The candidate will utilize operational knowledge to seek out, research and evaluate a variety of solutions to provide end users with high quality, efficient solutions. In addition, the position requires service as backup for a variety of other critical campus applications.
- Demonstrates accountability in delivering assigned tasks. Delivers solutions that meet project requirements as defined by the scope and stays within departmental guidelines for application configuration/development and data security.
- Participates in the analysis and documentation of current and future needs and workflows through the exploration of business processes, interviews and gathers data regarding regulatory requirements, operational procedures and departmental policies.
- Works effectively and efficiently both independently and as part of a team on assignments. Requires minimal supervision and leads others to ensure assignment requirements and timelines are met.
- Under general supervision, designs, documents, builds and modifies the complex critical applications in order to best meet the needs of the organization.
- Researches opportunities for optimizations independently based on end-user feedback.
- Ensures interface design and development between various distributed systems meets the needs of end-users. Understands interface protocols and specifications and how information should flow between systems. Works collaboratively with vendors, end users and IT integration programmers to both troubleshoot and streamline system and integration functionality.
- Develops and maintains an expert level of knowledge in assigned applications through a combination of vendor provided training/documentation and hands-on practice in our on-premises test systems.
- Works with ERP programmers to evaluate, design, and implement processes to ensure seamless integration between the Ellucian Colleague ERP, Transact Campus, and other campus systems.
- Supports daily user imaging business operations including workflows and capture profiles.
- Creates and maintains Perceptive Content VBScript applications.
- Scopes, designs, creates, and supports import agents for various 3rd party applications.
- Manages licensing requirements and escalated support for desktop applications such as Perceptive Content scanning stations.
- Ensures system security by adhering to University and departmental security standards. Securely manages, monitors, and audits application user security.
- Trains Application team members on assigned applications to ensure support redundancy.
- Develops and executes test scripts and solutions based on future state workflows and software enhancements/fixes. Works with others to create test scenarios for integration testing incorporating new features, fixes, and workflows. Ensures testing is complete and thorough before moving solution to production.
- Develops and provides an end user training and documentation program for defined applications.
- Responds after-hours as necessary.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
Associate Degree OR Four years’ experience in Application Analyst or equivalent role; Experience managing enterprise level applications in a lead or developmental role; Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical solutions; Understanding of system logic concepts such as workflow rules and system integration
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or other related field; Experience managing Hyland Perceptive Content, Hyland OnBase, or similar document management solutions; Experience managing Transact Campus or similar campus card system; Understanding of VBScript or similar scripting language; Windows Server system administration experience; Knowledge of server/database/network security fundamentals; Experience integrating 3rd party and on-premises systems
The University of Tulsa seeks to recruit and retain talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. The University of Tulsa is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply. The University does not discriminate on the basis of personal status or group characteristic including, but not limited to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, or marital status.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references to: The University of Tulsa, Office of Human Resources, 800 S Tucker Drive, Tulsa, OK 74104 or submit online at tulsa.edu/job-application . The review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Tulsa is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/ Veteran.
For questions and more information, please contact Ashley Clayton via Linkedin.