15 Jan Application Systems Analyst level II – OKC
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
The IT Applications II is an intermediate-level position responsible for defining systems scope and objectives, preparing detailed specifications, coding, debugging, documenting, and maintaining software applications, under general supervision. Work is completed through thoughtful analysis, research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of business processes and industry practices. The Analyst plays an important role in diving into the details of individual demand, business processes and context. The BA is the primary interface to the business to help align targeted business outcomes and available technology capabilities. The BA interacts and works closely with key Business leads to understand requirements, proactively qualify and sell targeted ideas to improve technology outcomes. Work closely with Business Partners and the DevSecOps process to facilitate requirements, testing, production issues and rapid feedback conversations with the Business.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts analysis of business and user needs by gathering requirements through observation, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Updates and maintains software applications using technical focused development.
- Compiles documentation of software applications following established methods to define system scope, as well as help others understand the program.
- Conducts trial runs of applications utilizing approved testing procedures to ensure they produce the desired results.
- Revises and modifies system logic as needed to meet new requirements or improve work flows.
- Contributes to instructions or manuals following documentation standards to guide end users.
- Considers business implications of the application technology to the current business environment.
- Interacts with various IT project teams to clarify program intent, identify problems and suggest changes.
- Reports status, issues, and timelines to management staff and project teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills
- Expect high degree of competency in these CHK competencies: Integrity & Trust, Customer Focus, Drive for Results and Peer Relationships.
- Functional & Technical – Demonstrate expert understanding of systems applications, hardware, software, and company specific applications / processes.
- Problem Solving – Expert troubleshooting and ability to use logic to find hidden problems and look beyond the obvious.
- Listening/ Informing – Expert ability using English to communicate written and verbally with all levels of co-workers, customers and external contacts. Expert phone skills and presence.
- Priority Setting – Expert ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines.
- Organizational Agility – Expert ability to get things done across organizational boundaries and culture.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Expert ability to make good decisions and take action with incomplete information.
- Knowledge of software development tools and concepts, database management software, development environment software, graphical user interface development software, object or component oriented development software, program testing software and web platform development software.
- Knowledge of systems design and project management concepts.
- Knowledge of design, implementation, maintenance, control, monitoring and administration of databases in applicable computing environments.
- Minimum: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree – from accredited university – IT, MIS, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum: 2 – 5 years related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Able to communicate decisions that impact Business and acts as customer/client advocate
- Operates as a trusted partner
- Influences with impact
- Helps champion adoption and sustainment of change with key Business users
- Coordinate training and support handoff to Managed Service partner
- Familiar or previous experience with Agile and/or DevOps
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Systems Analyst, Developer, Computer Science, Database, Technology, Research