14 Nov BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SPECIALIST (OKC)
Department Information, Job Summary and Essential Job Functions
NOTE: The normal starting salary for this position is $66,168.72/annually. A higher salary may be considered, dependent on the qualifications and experience of the selected applicant and/or the City’s step placement policy.
JOB SUMMARY AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Knowledge and skill in analysis and data management understanding how data relates and is relevant to current business functions and future interfaces.
- Knowledge and skill with software related to programming and data gathering, mining, analysis and presentation using charts, graphs, or tables.
- Skill in accurately performing mathematical computations.
- Skill in data governance ensuring data quality exists throughout the entirety of the data life cycle, monitoring the availability, usability, and consistency of data integrity.
- Skill in research coordination planning activities, such as, identifying problem areas, proposing alternative solutions to those problem areas, developing plan implementation and statistical analysis, and accurate research findings.
- Skill in research analysis inquiring, examining, and revising current facts, to prepare reports.
- Skill in organizing, recording, and working accurately with large quantities of information and data.
- Skill in technical thinking and writing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to recall and retain information.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering Technology, Information Technology, Business Management, Analytics, or related field.
- Two years’ experience in related analytical or data management field, or a combination of experience, training, and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities for the position.
- Experience in statistical programs such as Python, R, and/or GRETL as well as visualization tools Tableau and/or Power BI. Proficiency with SQL is expected as well as familiarity with Microsoft Office Products.
- Experience translating business problems into requirements, prototyping the solutions and translating business requirements to business partners including department executives and IT.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Primarily indoors, subject to sitting, standing, walking, using a telephone, keyboard, visual display terminal, etc. for extended periods of time.
- Primarily inside in a climate-controlled environment.
- Subject to frequent low-level noise from data processing equipment.
- Occasionally required to work beyond normal working hours or to change working hours when conducting training or systems analysis.
- Occasional local and out-of-town travel.
- Arm/hand steadiness enough to demonstrate and operate computing equipment such as calculators, keyboards, and other computer operating devices.
- Manual and finger dexterity enough to operate equipment such as personal computers, audio visual, and other training aids.
- Near vision enough to read, write, develop training materials, and systems documentation, etc.
- Speech and hearing enough to communicate clearly and distinctly by telephone and in person.
NOTE: Tattoos are allowed under limited circumstances. ALL tattoos on an individual’s forearm or lower leg must be completely covered at the same time by the “Hand Rule.” NONE of the tattoos on that forearm or lower leg may be visible when covered by the applicant’s own hand. Band tattoos may not be wider than the applicant’s own four fingers extended and joined together at the widest point. Tattoos on fingers are allowed on one finger of each hand, between the knuckle and next finger joint. The tattoo must be a “ring style” tattoo which does not exceed 3/8″ in width. Tattoos on head, neck, face or hands, other than approved “ring style” tattoos, are prohibited. Tattoos will be deemed not allowable if they depict, represent, symbolize, or advocate any racist, sexist, or extremist material or ideas or contain any obscene materials or acts of graphic violence, drug, alcohol, or substance abuse. Tattoos may not depict any group, organization, club, unit, society, or similar entity which advocates for or supports any racist, sexist, extremist philosophies, unlawful violence, criminal conduct, or unlawful means of depriving individual rights under federal or state law.
NOTE: City employees are required to receive pay electronically, either via direct deposit or pay card.
NOTE: Applicants will be provided a copy of the City of Oklahoma City’s Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy upon conditional offer and acceptance of the position and prior to being directed for a health screen/physical examination and drug test.
NOTE: Completion of the supplemental questions is required. Responses to supplemental questions must be supported by work history/information listed on the application/resume.