10 Feb DevOps Engineer
What is Clevyr?
Clevyr is changing how technology works. We are creating applications and software that’s intuitive and transforms the working lives of our clients. We’re using a consumer-focused and logic-driven approach to do so. This has positioned us uniquely in this space and creates one of the biggest opportunities for advancement in decades.
We’ve brought together leaders from top technology, service and design companies to deliver on our promise. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better technology.
What is the role?
As a key member of Clevyr’s DevOps team, you’ll be responsible for standing up environments for many of our projects. You will lead us on the technology stack from all points forward from the server to the client. You might even be inventing new ways to make the magic happen.
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
- Quickly build and manage different environments for projects as needed.
- Develop and implement strong strategies for developing and hosting components.
- Communicate feedback and observations to the rest of the organization. Communication is key!
- Get involved with local communities of influence such as Meetups and User Groups.
Who are you?
You love doing work that matters – especially when it comes to solving complex issues in a timely manner.
You can break down technical jargon into simple language, and can encourage effective communication within your team.
You are comfortable working in a start-up environment where you are responsible for building the tools and processes you need to do your job well.
You are eager to work in a changing and dynamic environment.
You are motivated to exceed client expectations. Our DevOps team interacts with clients directly, alongside our Developers and both our Project Management and Business Development offices, creating a more hands-on experience for our clients and allowing for more effective communication throughout the product life cycle. You are invested in your work, professional, succinct, and enjoy producing quality software as the product of being part of an awesome team.
- Work directly with the DevOps team and Senior DevOps manager to test system integrity
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management
- Test implemented designs
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve development delivery
- Consult with peers for feedback during testing stages
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects
- Manage CI/CD tools with team
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Improve infrastructure development and application development
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the company
Skills And Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent; bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, software engineering, or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ previous experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
- Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations
- Familiarity with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud architecture, such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Scrum/Kanban, Agile workflow methodologies
- Up-to-date on the latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
Equal Opportunities Statement
At Clevyr, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them, we support them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.