10 Dec Experiment Engineer
What We Do
Simply put, we make websites easier to use. Through a scientific method of determining which site improvements result in actual performance improvements, we replace the old way of designing sites through gut feel and management opinions with designing sites through data.
If you’re interested in checking out the swell people you’ll be working with, click here to learn more about the team.
Our Hiring Process
We’re glad you’re interested in working with us. We have a fairly unusual hiring process, but it has proven to work well both for us and for potential new hires. We have found that demonstrating basic competency is the best predictor of initial qualification for working with us, followed by actual work.
Our process reflects that: below, we outline our values and how we work, and then ask you to complete a small task. Assuming we like your response, we will hire you for a “paid interview” where you start working with us for a small number of hours each week. If both parties like working together, we expand the relationship. If not, we go our separate ways and both sides “won” in the deal!
- We’re a remote company. We are spread out all over the country and enjoy the flexibility remote working affords. Want to go on a mountain bike ride in the middle of the day? Cool, don’t forget your helmet! Need to pick the kids up from school? Nice, you’ve got parent of the year in the bag. We stay connected through Slack and workcations, including one annual trip that is partially funded by the company.
- We value elegant code as much as you do, but we move fast. We’re writing code that runs on top of existing websites. Some tests only run for a few days before disappearing (though some do so well they become a permanent part of the client’s site). There will be polling patterns and liberal use of
- Again, we’re a remote company. That makes communication — including writing and reading comprehension — extremely important. You’ll work closely with product managers, designers and writers. This is not a simple “pull tickets and check in code” gig. Successful applicants enjoy the process of defining and clarifying specs, documenting processes, improving processes, and uploading custom emoji to Slack.
- 100% remote, continue to work from where you are based
- Health insurance reimbursement allowance
- Retirement plan with 4% company match (subject to a 3 month waiting period)
- Professional gear (e.g. MacBook, monitor, and noise-canceling headset)
- Annual All Hands trips
- Paid Parental Leave
- Liberal vacation policy
- Access to group performance coaching sessions
At Cro Metrics, our goal is to create a remote environment which celebrates the differences that make us, us. We strive to create an inclusive and equitable space, but we realize we don’t always get it right. We’re continually working together to create mutual respect and opportunities to learn from one another and we encourage people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply.
We’re looking for team members located in the U.S. regardless of race, ethnicity, age, national origin, marital status, parental status, veteran status, citizenship status, gender, gender-identity/expression, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information and any other protected or unprotected class we may have missed. (BONUS: Did we miss anyone? Let us know and we’ll add it here.)
For questions and more information, please contact Ashley Clayton via Linkedin.