21 Oct Help Desk Analyst (OKC)
amshot empowers organizations through technology, service, and education. Our team of experts provides full-service Managed IT, 24/7 Help Desk support, vendor management, software development, Business Intelligence, application management, and more to businesses of all sizes.
amshot does not have a typical corporate culture. Our clients aren’t cogs, and our employees aren’t either. We strive to view every challenge, task, relationship, and interaction—inside and outside of the office—through the lens of having fun, valuing honesty, giving back to our community, and doing things differently…in the best way. If you’re interested in being a part of a unique culture, keep reading.
Work with end users to provide diagnosis and repairs for hardware and software issues in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day service calls with clients.
- Solve problems with clients.
- Travel to client locations.
- Act as the point of contact for on call rotations.
- Install and maintain networks.
- Work with outside vendors.
- Deploy servers and workstations.
- Install network cabling.
- Create and disable users.
- Recommend and implement network security solutions, complete with Cost/Benefit Analysis.
- Perform integrity testing and troubleshooting testing to identify any breeches or defects in company property.
- Ensure all tools, supplies, and equipment are in working order and arrange for replacements as necessary.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Perform quality assurance on completed work, testing with end users to verify issues are resolved.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Experience Requirements:
- Understanding of network design theory.
- Understanding of server hardware design.
- Understanding of Wi-Fi and network security best practices.
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar position preferred.
- Previous client management experience preferred.
- Ability to travel (company car not provided).
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and apply technical materials.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation to complete tasks without direct supervision.
- Proven ability to efficiently multi-task and maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational ability and detailed-oriented work style.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- Ability to solve problems utilizing analytical thought process, which may involve multiple contacts.
This is primarily sedentary work that requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting or standing for long periods, walking, finger dexterity, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and visual acuity including close vision.
- Occasional lifting (up to 10 pounds of computer equipment or paper).
- May be required occasionally to stoop or kneel.
- Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
- Normal office environment
- Minimal noise level
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.