17 Jun Interactive Developer (Bartlesville)
Do you love turning plans into reality? Can you take a scope of work description and crafting a functional deliverable in your sleep? Do you want to do more than just code for 8 hours a day? Are you capable—and willing—to provide strategic insight? Can you balance perfection with production? Are you not content quietly maintain the status quo? Is your first thought “I can figure this out” as opposed to “nope, can’t be done”? Do you believe code is art and science? Above all, do you have a passion for building awesome things? If so, keep reading.
The interactive developer should be an active participant in sharpening our end product, processes, and everything else in between, in order to provide the most value to our clients. And ultimately, adding value means solving problems and making a client’s life easier. This position requires strong all-around web development ability, creative thinking, problem solving skills, and a programmer’s mentality. The interactive developer must have a passion and matching drive to provide beautiful and maintainable solutions to any problem that shows its face.
This paragraph gets its own section, because our culture is something that is extremely important to us. It’s deeply rooted in our core values and operating principles. At PDG+creative, our work is more than just ink on paper and pixels on a screen: without a fresh strategic concept any design or platform is destined for failure. Every project begins on the premise of letting creative have its way, starting an organic process of discovery, strategy, and design. These core ideas shape our team as pioneers of narrative solutions and as peers of innovative branding. In this multi-faceted agency, we never stop learning, meaning the past twenty years have certainly taught us a thing or two. Welcome to PDG+creative, where creative defines us.
- 3+ years experience in interactive development
- Lives and breaths back end programming. If a databases or for() loops scares you, don’t apply
- Fluent with how to use a CMS and ability to build custom modules
- Can work basic sysadmin tasks and are comfortable using the command line if needed
- Embraces, not dreads, solving client problems via support tickets, when needed
- Lights up when it’s time for strategic planning and feedback sessions
- Completes a programming task on time and with full scope
- Always learning, always exploring, never settling
Skills and experience
- Proficient at industry standard platforms (Linux, PHP, HTML/CSS/JS, SQL, Apache/Nginx, etc)
- Understanding of basic design and design theory
- Fluent in object-oriented programming
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of using .git for version control of projects
- Experience working with cloud hosting such as Digital Ocean + ServerPilot
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbally), and when in doubt, over communicate.
- Can debug efficiently and with ease, even with unfamiliar code or on legacy systems
- Comfortable in an MVC atmosphere
- Comfortable working with APIs and integrations
- Ruby on Rails experience a plus
We hire thoroughbreds, not donkeys. If you are simply looking for a paycheck or a job, PDG+creative is not the place for you. We are sold out go-getters, we thrive in challenge, we strive to maintain team unity, we work until the task at hand is completed in excellence, and above all – each and every one of us fights to maintain our culture.
We’re looking for someone that is willing to come into the office, but remote is not disqualifier.