19 Nov IT ANALYST II (OKC)
: IT Merrick
: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-Health Sciences Center
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, May work outside those hours as needed.
Salary Range: $55,000 – $80,000, depending on experience
Benefits Provided: Yes
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter
— The selected applicant will serve as a primary point of contact for the University of Oklahoma Unix based infrastructure. The individual should be self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, communicate well, and be a contributing member of a highly technical team. This position is on the enterprise operations team which is responsible for complex technical work with accountability for support of the campus datacenters, server infrastructure, enterprise storage, and applications hosted in this environment. Active contribution as a member of a working team is necessary to accomplish tasks and a high degree of coordination is necessary with other personnel in Infrastructure Services and all other areas of IT.
This positions primary focus will be supporting, maintaining, troubleshooting, and monitoring of the campus Unix based servers and relevant applications. The positions secondary focus will be centered on learning the other technologies supported by the infrastructure team.
There is a large amount of interaction outside of the core infrastructure team and with other areas of IT. This position reports to the Director of Infrastructure Operations and is evaluated based on professionalism, teamwork, individual performance, and organizational development and contribution.
This position reports to the Director of Infrastructure Operations and is evaluated based on professionalism, teamwork, individual performance, and organizational development and contribution.
- The primary role will be centered on Unix supporting numerous solutions across the systems but will be expected to learn other technologies as they relate to the campus infrastructure. Sets up, configures, maintain and supports servers and other technologies using predefined guidelines, standards and procedures. May help to define guidelines, standards and procedures. Actively utilizes the ITSM solution for incident and change management processes.
- Installs new applications and equipment, new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves hardware and software related problems.
- Detect, diagnose, and resolves problems on servers. Troubleshoots network performance and access issues by modifying systems when solutions follow clear precedents. Responds to emergency calls relating to server or network performance, diagnosis of problems, repairing problems or calling upon appropriate technicians. Participation in the rotation schedule for on call support after hours/weekend is expected.
- Documents and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations.
- Monitors services, tracks network and server performance, and monitors enterprise data storage for analysis of effective system utilization.
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Maintains systems to protect data from unauthorized users. Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations. Implements network security policies and procedures. Ensures network security access and protects against unauthorized access, modification or destruction.
- Delivers excellent customer service to all constituencies.
Required Education: Bachelor Degree OR an equivalent combination of education/job related experience, AND:
- 18-36 months of experience in the Information Technology field
- 12 months UNIX server admin.
- Ability to speak, read and write clear, concise English
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Able to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, faculty and staff
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux server administration and Red Hat Satellite server experience
- Microsoft Windows server administration, Microsoft Active Directory administration, and knowledge and understanding of switching, routing and network protocols
- Knowledge of storage fundamentals-Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS), and knowledge of vm Ware ESX, as well as excellent analysis skills with the ability to think logically to assess problems and find resolutions
- Ability to thoroughly document system and network changes and the ability to work under pressure on multiple tasks and to deliver deadlines individually and collaboratively, as well as the ability to have strong communication skills (oral and written) to interact with team members, customers, management and support personnel (technical and non-technical)
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively, experience in planning and implementing projects, and knowledge of the ITIL v3 or v4 framework
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to engage in repetitive motions, including movements of the hands, wrists or fingers, grasp, move, touch, including finger dexterity, communicate, hear, including receiving detailed information orally or making fine discriminations in sound and see, including color, depth perception or clarity. Also, must be able to sit or stand for short or extended periods of time.
- Experience with Solaris 8 and 9.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
Supervision: No Supervisory Duties.
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?- Yes
Special Indications: Hiring contingent upon Post Offer Employment Testing (POET)
: Nov 8, 2019