11 Oct IT Applications Architect
- Manage, facilitate, and communicate application architecture vision and strategy
- Create and execute technology and application architecture roadmaps that achieve the architecture vision and strategy
- Plan and execute architecture initiatives that fulfill the technology and architecture roadmaps
- Communicate conceptual ideas to leaders, translate ideas into architectural execution plans, and execute the plans leading to measurable results
- Define and manage application architecture and design standards
- Define and manage integration standards
- Modularize and modernize application architecture of existing monolithic systems with minimal impact to end-users
- Design and create modular software and services
- Effectively engage with business partners to recommend best practice architecture for projects, create technical design and review test results prior to deployment.
- Support and enhance business critical custom-developed and vendor-provided applications and associated interfaces
- Plan and manage work on a daily basis, meet defined project goals, and complete assignments by scheduled dates, complying with documented change management procedures
- Minimum 5 years of software development experience
- Minimum 3 years of application architecture experience
- Experience with architecture and development of secure REST APIs
- Experience creating, documenting, and governing application architecture standards
- Strong knowledge of architecture patterns and software design patterns and principles
- Strong object oriented design skills
- Strong communication skills
Qualifications Considered a Plus
- Experience with architecture and development of distributed applications deployed to field sites with potential for network connectivity disruption
- Experience coaching, mentoring, or leading software developers
- Experience with cloud architecture and cloud technologies
- Experience with architecture of PaaS solutions
- Experience with API management products, API design, and/or swagger
- Experience with DevOps and/or DevSecOps practices
- Experience with the agile methodology
- Experience facilitating meetings at multiple levels of an organization with an understanding of various facilitation techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- Certification in one or more architecture frameworks is considered a plus. (TOGAF, CTA, Zachman)
This position will be filled at a level commensurate with the candidate’s education and experience.
Additional requirements: The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English with co-workers, supervisors, internal and external customers; the ability to work in stressful conditions; the ability to adapt and respond in changing circumstances; the ability to use a personal computer with the Windows® operating system to complete time sheets, send and receive email, and access information posted on the Company’s intranet; availability as needed to work on both a scheduled and call-out basis; and the ability to work at the assigned job site.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions.
Magellan Midstream Holdings GP, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions