Ideal Homes — Norman, OK
- Coordinate IT activities in support of Ideal Homes and it’s sister company’s objectives.
- Insure quality operating IT systems at 100 percent productivity.
- Maximize application and server availability. Goal is 100% availability during business hours.
- Provide an IT leadership role within IT Department and the company.
- Display Ideal Homes Core Values.
- IT projects log: Provide management oversight to assure projects are completed effectively and efficiently.
- IT work order system: Provide management oversight to assure work orders are completed effectively and efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have good analytical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have good managerial skills.
- Must display good leadership skills and be accountable.
- Must have strong personal and interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Must have effective communication skills.
- Must have good time management skills and work at an effective and efficient level.
- Must be able to exploit and harness the latest trends in Information technology.
- A good working knowledge of data, voice, and network communication systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day activities in the IT Department.
- Provide cost effective IT solutions.
- Analyzing workflow, delegating projects and meeting department goals.
- Develop and monitor IT Department performance standards.
- Manage IT staff including hiring, training, coaching, employee reviews and disciplinary action.
- Assure all software is licensed and meets software licensing requirements.
- Maintain all IT Department Policies, Processes, Procedures, Documents, Forms, Checklists and Training Material.
- Provides technical support for IT equipment. (Servers, workstations, printers, fax machines, etc.)
- Performs company cross training, new hire training and conducts orientations to staff.
- Facilitate training classes on IT related topics.
- Responsible for the company’s electronic communications policy and making sure it is followed.
- Provides preventative maintenance on all servers, desktops, laptops, printers, fax machines and software products.
- Perform daily incremental and weekly full system backup on all servers.
- Assures backups are stored in a manner and locations that is safe and easily accessible.
- Assures all data files can be restored to previous days backup on any given day.
- Responsible for creating and following an annual budget for the IT department.
- Develop and maintain IT disaster recovery plan.
- Coordinates the purchasing of all IT equipment and software.
- Keeps a working inventory of all Hardware and Software in the company.
- Assure security measures are in place to prevent unauthorized access or harm to the IT network and servers.
- Responsible for completing projects as assigned and assisting IT personnel in completing projects.
- Responsible for holding IT personnel accountable for completing work order and projects in a effective and efficient manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Utilize ticket system to log all IT issues requiring support
- Effectively priortize, manage and execute completion of work-orders.
- Effectively communicate status to work order requestor.
- Effectively maintain work order log. Assure data is updated and reports are accurate.
- Effectively set expectations and timelines with work-order requester.
- Effectively maintain projects log database. Assure data is updated and reports are accurate.
- Effectively set expectations and timelines with project requestor.
- Effectively communicate project status to project requestor
- Prioritize, manage and execute projects efficiently and effectively
- Utilize Projects log to assign responsible person and timelines on all IT Projects. Maintain and discussed in weekly IT Meeting.
- Balance efficiency, effectiveness and relationships.
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Be proactive
- Communicate early and often
- MIS degree or equivalent in work experience.
- 4-6 years in Networking.
- MCSE or some type of Microsoft Certification.
- 5 years technical support.
- Some Telephony knowledge.
- Mon-Fri. 8:30 – 5:30. Some weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to travel. The duties of this position require the employee to lift and carry IT equipment, tools and supplies to and from the worksite. The employee must be able to lift at least 50lbs. It also requires ability to perform IT services utilizing the equipment tools and supplies efficiently. Employee will regularly be required to stand, sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel. Employee is regularly required to reach and provide IT services with hands and arms. Employee must be able to work indoors and outdoors in hot and cold conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee spends the majority of his/her time providing IT services in climatically controlled model homes, field homes and office environments. Employee will be required to occasionally work outdoors to inspect, troubleshoot or install utilities affecting IT services. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, noise levels are elevated in the server room as a result of the sounds emitted from the HVAC system and servers. The employee must adhere to the company dress code. The dress code is business casual.