27 Feb IT Support Desk Technician (Oklahoma City)
IT Support Desk Technician (Oklahoma City)
Feed the Children
At Feed the Children we know the value of outstanding people. More importantly we want to find the right individuals to join our team. We pride ourselves on providing our employees with an environment conducive for productive, rewarding, long-term employment.
Already one of our country’s most recognizable brands, Feed the Children is being rebuilt from the ground up. We are accredited by GuideStar Exchange and the BBB Wise giving Alliance. By banding together to defeat hunger, Feed the Children will one day create a world where no child goes to bed hungry.
We are currently in search of an IT Support Desk Technician to join our Information Technology team! The IT Support Desk Technician is responsible for receiving, working, tracking, and closing helpdesk tickets. This position will also install, configure, and upgrade computer hardware and software. They will also provide face-to-face and remote technical support to employees, diagnose hardware issues, like BSODs, diagnostic lights and sounds and troubleshoot basic network connectivity issues, as well as connect computers or printers to the network. They will also perform basic account maintenance, like resetting user passwords and unlocking user accounts. This position will report directly to the Vice President of IT Operations.
- Associates degree in a related field or vocation training preferred. High school diploma required.
- 6+ months of related professional experience preferred
- Basic TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS knowledge required
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the daily performance of end-user computer systems and printers.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to help resolve problems.
- Work Helpdesk tickets to solve issues for employees.
- Deploy new machines and transfer user files and settings to the new machine.
- Maintain hardware/software asset inventory any time an asset is (re)deployed, as well as monthly and yearly checks.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to supervisor.
- Establish an environment of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning, a commitment to quality, welcomes and encourages collaboration, and fosters both intra and inter-departmental dialogue and respect
- Model the type and level of behavior, professionalism and personal leadership that is in accordance with the values of the organization
- Perform other related duties as required
Feed the Children is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, political affiliation, pregnancy, military and/or veterans’ status, genetic characteristics, marital status or any other considerations made unlawful by applicable state, federal, or local law. Feed the Children welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities and will make every effort to reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons.