05 Apr Manager – IT Field Production Services (OKC)
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
The IT Product Line Manager is the primary interface to the business to help align business customers to technology services. They will work closely with the business teams and key business leads to understand priorities, capture business demand, and translate into meaningful actions for the Technology Services teams. They play a key role in easing ongoing technology innovation for the Business. In short, they are the account manager for all work being delivered by Technology Services Organizations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish key relationships and represent requirements in the service design process
- Maintain marketplace expertise with alternative/competing technologies and services
- Manage and control the IT budget to help prioritize key business initiatives
- Work with business and business technology staff to understand and meet project requirements
- Handles prioritization of key Business requests and works with the product line manager to ensure successful delivery
- Act as a trusted partner to supply solutions
- Establish and support key customer relationships to influence direction
- Interface with business areas to ensure all initiatives use supported technology strategies and goals
- Implement and manage processes to get rapid feedback from Businesses
- Find macro-level patterns across technology issues and ensure they are addressed promptly
- Facilitate conversations and work with key Business teams to develop and refine strategy and execution with regards to technology
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills
- Expect high degree of competency in these CHK competencies: Integrity & Trust, Customer Focus, Drive for Results and Peer Relationships
- Functional & Technical – Demonstrate expert understanding of systems applications, hardware, software, and company specific applications / processes
- Problem Solving – Expert troubleshooting and ability to use logic to find hidden problems and look beyond the obvious
- Listening/ Informing – Expert ability using English to communicate written and verbally with all levels of co-workers, customers and external contacts. Expert phone skills and presence
- Priority Setting – Expert ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines
- Organizational Agility – Expert ability to get things done across organizational boundaries and culture
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Expert ability to make good decisions and take action with incomplete information
- Knowledge of administrative procedures in order to prepare and maintain reports, budgets, and administrative records as required
- Ability to assign, delegate, and direct the work of others
- Ability to provide on-the-job training, performance assessment, coaching, motivation, and career development to employees
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and the coordination of people and resources
- Able to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new policies, procedures, and technology
- Ability to ensure all employees are operating within all Chesapeake, state, and federal guidelines, policies, and regulations
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree – from accredited university
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree – from accredited university – IT, MIS, Computer Science or related field
Minimum: 8 – 12 years related work experience
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation’s (NYSE:CHK) operations are focused on discovering and developing its large and geographically diverse resource base of unconventional oil and natural gas assets onshore in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Manager, Computer Science, Supply, Strategic Planning, Management, Technology, Operations, Strategy