31 Jan MBA Intern (Tulsa)
MBA Intern (Tulsa)
Who We Are:
Talent inTulsa is a rapidly evolving, mission-based program that believes a robust, city-wide talent strategy can not only make for a more economically viable place to grow and nurture business but provide a greater quality of life for all Tulsans (old and new)!
We care deeply about the community we live in and how to make it a better, more equitable place to live. Our role is to source and develop leads of growing companies throughout the world, guide them to discover all that Tulsa has to offer both to their organizations, as well as their current and future employees and ultimately help them land and expand in Tulsa through matching their talent needs with our rich and increasing talent pipelines. As you can imagine, it’s no small undertaking. So, if you’re ready to stop trying to fit into the narrative, but be a part of creating the narrative, then there is no better place than inTulsa!
Who You Are:
You are a driven, hard-working Atentern ready to thrive in an ever-changing workplace that embraces all things tech-chic to its core. As an Atentern, you are a key driver of your team’s success, furthering inTulsa’s mission of driving inclusive economic growth to the city of Tulsa. No matter the core area of focus, your manager depends on you to take initiative on special projects and critical tasks. You are committed to the inTulsa philosophy and are eager to communicate with all of the stakeholders in our community.
Yep, that’s right, you’ll get to meet with many of the brilliant minds behind the up-and-coming Tulsa tech ecosystem. You are both supportive in the implementation of this vision of a better Tulsa and additive in the ideation process.
Ideally, you are a creative self-starter with impressive critical thinking skills. And, it goes without saying, you are intellectually curious with a tremendous work ethic. You pride yourself on your interpersonal skills and love being a sponge to knowledge.
Lastly, to be successful in this role, you must have the mentality that no task is too large or too small. You must be ready to succeed in a fast-paced environment with a mix of structure and ambiguity. Though our work and core function is to interface with start-ups of various stages… we, ourselves, are a start-up and need your help!
What you could be doing with inTulsa…
As a critical team member of our business development and partnership teams each day you’ll be helping build Tulsa’s tech and innovation scene.
- Research and analysis of opportunities/companies we’re actively exploring partnering with
- Help us objectively quantify and measure difficult metrics to create better systems and processes
- Drafting of proposals to excite companies to establish presence in Tulsa
- Own a project of your own to help further develop and establish our operations!
Our Ideal Atentern:
- MBA student or recent MBA graduate interested in a summer internship
- Passion for our mission and vision for a more dynamic Tulsa through diverse and inclusive job creation
- A team player with insatiable curiosity, fiercely collaborative, and comfortable working in ambiguity
- Experience or interest in learning with customer relationship management (CRM)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and G-Suite (Slack, Airtable, and Canva are a plus)
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Able to juggle multiple projects and tasks with efficiency and a positive attitude
- Possess high growth potential with a willingness to learn and grow
Our Promise to You:
- You will gain expertise in venture capital investments, entrepreneurial development, startup and corporate recruitment, and business management/operations.
- You will learn from and be mentored by experienced leaders in all aspects of talent strategy with a focus on large scale economic development.
- You will be exposed to economic development and philanthropic work alongside one of the largest philanthropic organizations in the world.
- We’re flexible, and we want you to be flexible, in both schedule and work style. We are not a remote company. We value in-person collaboration as much as possible. However, in a post-COVID world, we value safety above all else, and structure office spaces and schedules accordingly.
- Opportunity to be hired on, upon graduation, pending internship success.
- And, of course, we offer competitive compensation and benefits.
Quotes from Our Past Atenterns
Being at Atento changed my life!”
Atento Capital allows me to bring my full self to work every day, and I always know that I’m adding real value to multiple branches of the company.
Atento offers you lots of freedom to take initiative and pursue the work that is most interesting to you. It’s so different from a traditional corporate setting in the best way!
They not only are genuinely invested in my personal and professional growth, but they also are the best kind of people. No one else matches their conviction that we don’t rise unless we rise together.