OK Catalyst Programs Lead (Norman)
Organization: Innovation Hub
Job Location: Oklahoma-Norman-Norman Campus
Work Schedule: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday–Friday
Salary Range: Up to $55,000 based on experience
Benefits Provided: Yes
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter
The University of Oklahoma’s Tom Love Innovation Hub is a 20,000+ sq. ft. facility opened in September 2016 with the mission to increase innovation and entrepreneurship at the University of Oklahoma and in the Oklahoma community. In October 2017, the Tom Love Innovation Hub launched the Oklahoma Catalyst Programs: a collection of programs designed to catalyze economic development in Oklahoma by providing networking, training, and mentoring to Oklahoma small businesses. The Oklahoma Catalyst Programs is focused on promoting the Small Business Innovation and Research Program (SBIR/STTR), a nearly $4 billion annual funding opportunity from the Small Business Administration that is intended to facilitate innovative research and product development among U.S. small businesses.
The Tom Love Innovation Hub has an opening for an OK Catalyst Programs Lead on the Oklahoma Catalyst team. This position is a key member of the Tom Love Innovation Hub staff, working closely with the I-Hub Executive Director, the OK Catalyst Director, the OK Catalyst team, and other members of the Tom Love Innovation Hub leadership.
The OK Catalyst Programs Lead will support day-to-day operations for various Oklahoma Catalyst Programs, including coordinating programs, engaging in outreach, scheduling activities, developing content, and managing budgets. The OK Catalyst Programs Lead may also manage the student staff implementing and supporting these various programs.
Typical Functions May Include:
- Assuming day-to-day responsibility for coordinating various Oklahoma Catalyst Programs
- Managing students supporting the various Oklahoma Catalyst Programs
- Engaging statewide and national network of partners for support of SBIR/STTR-related efforts
- Supporting special SBIR publicity, informational, and networking events
- Presenting before various audiences about programs
- Directing outreach to corporate, government, and small business groups
- Documenting procedures and activities for future implementations
- Tracking data and analyzing performance the Oklahoma Catalyst Programs
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/job related experience
- 18–24 months of startup consulting, entrepreneurship, research grants, entrepreneurial support programs experience
- Good organizational skills
- Creativity in composing or presenting oral and written communication
- Ability to perform basic math functions including fractions and percentages
- Proficient in spreadsheet and word processing applications
Regular pressure to meet productivity standards; frequent exposure to pressure caused by deadlines and busy periods; may be required to travel; requires contact with other departments and university officials; may be required to lift, bend, stoop and carry.
- Knowledge of the SBIR/STTR program
If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check? Yes
Special Indications: None
Job Posting: Feb 2, 2021