12 Feb Platform Engineer – OKC
SONIC is leveraging some exciting new technologies around cloud-native IaaS and PaaS environments. We’re writing some consumer-facing software that is the strategic bullseye of our company vision. We’re running Agile teams, CI/CD pipelines to build and deploy software, and running all in a 100% cloud environment.
We are seeking self-starters with just a few years’ experience with a proven track record of technical growth. Here at SONIC we like to play as hard as we work, so we’re sure you’ll love the flexible environment!
• Write high quality, unit-tested source code.
• Conducts functional and non-functional testing, troubleshoot, and debugs applications.
• Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features.
• Develop technical documentation to accurately represent application design and code.
• Other duties and projects as needed.
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field preferred.
• 2-5 years’ experience in software development and delivery experience in C++, Java, .NET, or other modern programming language(s).
Required Technical Knowledge:
• Working experience with relational databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres)
• Working experience with static languages (Java, C++, C#)
• Strong OOP design experience
Preferred Technical Knowledge:
• Spring Technology stack
• ORM (JPA/Hibernate)
• Dynamic languages (Groovy, Ruby, Python)
• Messaging systems (JMS, RabbitMQ, SQS)
• Enterprise Integration Patterns (Mule ESB, Camel, Tibco)
• Web application containers (Tomcat, Resin, Jetty, IIS)
• Cloud based development (AWS, Azure, Google, PCF)
• Log aggregators (Splunk, Data Dog)
• Source control systems (Git, SVN)
• CI/CD tools (GoCD, Jenkins, Artifactory, Terraform, Ansible)
• Web services (REST, SOAP) •
API specification tools (RAML, Swagger)
• CI/CD techniques (TDD, BDD, Infrastructure as Code)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to understand business requirements and how they translate into application features.
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-oriented, IT environment.
• Desire to learn new technologies and concepts.
• A passion for software engineering and test automation.
• Great OO skills, including strong design pattern knowledge.
• Ability to connect with people and to quickly build rapport with others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, move, and remain in a stationary position. The employee must occasionally transport and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must regularly be able to detect, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, inspect, estimate, observe, and assess items, information, and objects in an office setting.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job as required under applicable law.