Join our team of over 5,000 employees globally, who provide the insights through data and next generation technology that help millions of people find, buy and protect the homes they love. From the beginning, CoreLogic has been driven by a single purpose – to innovate and create solutions that solve our clients’ toughest challenges in the housing market. CoreLogic is the trusted source for property intelligence, with deep knowledge of powerful economic, social, and environmental forces that promote healthy housing markets and thriving communities.
We apply that same dedication to creating a diverse and inclusive work culture that inspires innovation and bold thinking. A place where individuals can work on small teams, feel valued, and directly impact the real estate industry. We believe our team members are the best in the business, and we will continue to recruit, retain, develop and reward our most important asset – our people!
As a member of CoreLogic’s Science and Analytics Weather group you will work with a small and collaborative team to design, develop, code, test, debug, deploy, and maintain a suite of weather and natural hazard forensic models – e.g. real-time footprint models for hail, wind (thunderstorm/ hurricane/ mountain/ synoptic), tornado, etc. This work will require you to work closely with scientists/modelers to create new models using a variety of techniques and to setup novel data pipelines. The work will include learning about and using many different technologies and deployments, both on premises and cloud.
- Work with product managers and scientists/modelers to understand and document the technical requirements for the systems that will run new models
- Estimate the effort required to implement new or modify existing models
- Work closely with the scientists/modelers to investigate, design, and implement new data pipelines and model workflows
- Work with other engineering teams to integrate models into CoreLogic’s products
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipate/identify issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals, and implement corrective actions
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and other teams within CoreLogic to meet expected delivery dates and service levels
- Master’s degree (or higher) in Meteorology (or related field) and at least 5 years of relevant experience in computer operations and systems.
- Strong background in meteorological data interpretation and analysis
- Advanced understanding of high-availability computing environments, with preference given to candidates with experience on GCP
- More than 10 years of experience with and an advanced understanding of meteorological data and data systems, specifically:
- Experience working with data formatted in binary, ASCII, GRIB, NetCDF, HDF, etc.
- Experience working with NEXRAD data and running radar algorithms
- Experience with Geospatial tools such as GDAL, ArcPy, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux
- Strong scripting skills (bash, perl, python) with preference given to candidates with advanced Python experience
- Advanced understanding of geospatial/georeferenced datasets
- Preference given to candidates with working knowledge of Big Data tools.
- Must be well organized and have the ability to effectively multi-task and work independently
CoreLogic’s Diversity Commitment
CoreLogic is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyone’s unique contributions, experiences and values. We offer an empowered work environment that encourages creativity, initiative and professional growth and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. We are better together when we support and recognize our differences.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
CoreLogic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to attracting and retaining the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or status as a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. CoreLogic maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Please apply on our website for consideration.
By providing your telephone number, you agree to receive automated (SMS) text messages at that number from CoreLogic regarding all matters related to your application and, if you are hired, your employment and company business. Message & data rates may apply. You can opt out at any time by responding STOP or UNSUBSCRIBING and will automatically be opted out company-wide.