26 Dec Principle Architect – Cloud – OKC
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
The Principal Architect – Cloud is a senior-level position and considered a team lead. This position is responsible for designing strategies for enterprise-wide systems architecture, including setting standards for operations, programming, and security. This position supports the execution of Chesapeake’s aggressive cloud migration strategy which includes a comprehensive move of IT assets to a multi-cloud environment over the next two years. The role must serve as advisor to the company on cloud management and enablement strategies. This will require regular research and evaluation of viable future cloud offerings within the context of Chesapeake’s business objectives. Lastly, the role will collaborate with other Architects and delivery teams in Intelligent Operations and Information Technology to create measurable, problem-solving solutions for Chesapeake’s business operations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and leads the development, documentation, and implementation of architectural strategies at the modeling, design and implementation stages to address business or industry requirements.
- Define the roadmap for what cloud services will be required
- In a multi-cloud setting, develop the guiding principles governing where solutions are to be deployed
- Develop and maintain Chesapeake’s cloud strategy
- Develop the strategy and tools to automate a scalable CI/CD pipeline
- Create and maintain cloud architecture designs
- Ensure the security of Chesapeake’s data and network resources
- Support Chesapeake’s Cloud First initiative
- Make recommendations on appropriate cloud patterns such as IAAS, PAAS, or SAAS
- Collaborate to create viable prototypes
- Manage the tracking, troubleshooting, and reporting of all technology-related contract commitments with vendors
- Interpret business architectures and contribute to planning activities
- Leads the validation of target state architecture according to blueprints, business, or technical rationale.
- Seeks ways to improve performance, expand services, serve new purposes, or improve workflows.
- Consults with management and makes recommendations for new technologies based on business requirements.
- Recommends policy, procedures and changes to technology solutions.
- Provides work leadership and training to less experienced staff.
- Leads the planning and technical aspects of projects.
- Leads multi-functional teams in problem resolution, evaluation and implementation of solutions.
- Leads the monitoring and continuity of licensing and maintenance agreements, if applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills
- Extensive experience in both Azure and AWS cloud environments.
- Extensive experience in the following products/technologies:
- Containerized computing (Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Micro-services architecture
- Cloud native services (Cognitive, Advanced Analytics)
- Extensive experience helping organizations leverage these technologies to modernize their application & technology portfolios
- Expect high degree of competency in these CHK competencies: Integrity & Trust, Customer Focus, Drive for Results and Peer Relationships.
- Functional & Technical – Demonstrate expert understanding of systems applications, hardware, software, and company specific applications / processes.
- Problem Solving – Expert troubleshooting and ability to use logic to find hidden problems and look beyond the obvious.
- Listening/ Informing – Expert ability using English to communicate written and verbally with all levels of co-workers, customers and external contacts. Expert phone skills and presence.
- Priority Setting – Expert ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines.
- Organizational Agility – Expert ability to get things done across organizational boundaries and culture.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Expert ability to make good decisions and take action with incomplete information.
- Ability to break down systems issues into workable pieces that can be individually resolved in a collaborative and often parallel fashion.
- Ability to document work in the form of architecture blueprints, presentations, action plans/roadmaps, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of strategic architecture design, including standards and frameworks, aligned to business strategy.
- Advanced knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of solution development, design, and/or data architecture.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree – from accredited university
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree – from accredited university – IT, MIS, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum: 8 – 12 years related work experience
- Cloud certifications preferred (AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Azure Solutions Architect, etc.)
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.