Thentia Cloud is a fast-growing, venture capital-backed software as a service (SaaS) company that is emerging as a world leader in government technology with a platform that is transforming and modernizing how regulatory organizations are conducting business. A company of builders, thinkers, and owners, Thentia gives employees the opportunity to create amazing solutions, showcase their talents, and benefit from our shared success as we scale up in the U.S., Canadian, and global markets. Further, Thentia Cloud’s solutions directly impact public trust and regulatory integrity, helping regulators and agencies meet 21st century standards by leveraging predictive analytics, Big Data, AI, and other innovative capabilities. Internally, our culture fosters collaboration, inclusivity, intellectual curiosity, and professional development.
About The Role
A Thentia Cloud Professional Association Manager is the driver of continued growth and success. This role requires tremendous outreach and networking talent to engage industry leaders and associations. This Professional Association Manager will partner with outside groups and organizations to increase brand recognition and visibility. Additionally, this person will coordinate with internal departments to handle product, marketing and sales initiatives as a part of that outreach. This role will track projects and communicate new product offerings and associated information both internally and externally, including new integrations and functionality. Thentia seeks an experienced relationship manager who can create goals, educate others and set expectations. Thentia’s ideal candidate is a detailed planner, expert communicator, and highly organized. Thentia desires individuals who are committed, ambitious and proactive.
Please note, only candidates within the geographical range and/or willing to relocate will be contacted as this is a client facing role and will require at least 2 days on-site in our Oklahoma office.
- Develop relationships and growth opportunities with industry professionals.
- Coordinate those opportunities with Thentia’s marketing and sales team.
- Create and set annual targets related to company growth.
- Work with the VP of Alliances to strategize business plans.
- Determine co-branding initiatives and events.
- Professional Association manager will collaborate with professional groups such as: NASCIO, NASPO, ARELLO, CANNRA, Etc.
- Daily research and communication will ensure all teams are informed of ongoing opportunities.
- Professional Association Manager will uncover opportunities by networking with new and existing groups.
- Identifying SADA and Google marketing and events are crucial. This role will work with various alliance managers to schedule speaking events and coordinate case studies on behalf of the marketing team.
- Development of internal materials is necessary including: battlecards, one-pagers and other material to better explain Thentia’s story to new and existing partners.
- The Professional Association manager will provide a weekly update of challenges and goals to the VP of Alliances.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Business or Management.
- 5+ years of proven experience in a related field.
- High proficiency with relationship management.
- Proven record as a strategic planner.
- Willing to travel (if deemed necessary).
- Excellent communicator with a desire to solve problems.
- Strong working knowledge of SADA and Google Public Sector.
- Proven capabilities in project management.
- Extensive experience with the public sector.
- Skilled in negotiation.
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Thentia provides employees with a competitive base salary along with:
- Full Health Insurance coverage,
- Flexible paid-time-off, including vacation and sick leave,
- Employee Stock Options Plan,
- Year-end bonus,
- Remote or Hybrid working options,
- Professional development & training
At Thentia, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.