As a member of the engineering design group, candidate will work on concept development, layout and stress analysis, work with drafting designers to drawing completion of various land rig components and systems. Responsibilities include analysis documentation, coordinating design efforts with other H&P engineering disciplines, 3rd party manufacturing and engineering as well as interfacing with fabricators and H&P field operations.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, structural discipline from an accredited university
- 5 – 7 years of structural design experience, ability to perform and organize hand calculations and computer aided design analysis
- Experience with drilling rig design is a plus
- Experience with AISC design manual, preferably ASD methodology
- Familiarity with API Specification and Recommended Practices a plus
- Knowledgeable on general structural steel fabrication practices, welding and can read/correct fabrication drawings
- Has or is working towards obtaining Professional Engineering Certification (PE)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Auto Desk Inventor a plus
- Excellent oral, written communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrates the H&P Company Values: Actively C.A.R.E., Service Attitude, Innovative Spirit, and Teamwork.