Position: Project Manager
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-level
Role: Project Manager
Skills: Leadership, project management, strong interpersonal skills
Application URL: www.asemio.com/#Careers
The colleague we are searching for will join our professional services team as a project manager. You will oversee and manage projects to ensure they progress through the defined project scope according to an established schedule and remain within budget. You will be working in close collaboration with our team of delivery leads and engineers who are actively planning, designing, developing, testing, and deploying software for internal and
external clients. You will also be actively engaged with clients to ensure scope, schedule, budget, and strategic project expectations are met.
About the work
You will be working on key custom, multi-year software development projects at Asemio, collaborating closely with the projects’ delivery leads who manage software requirements, delivery, and user acceptance testing. You’ll also be working with several product-focused engineering teams as they develop software. Additionally, you will be engaged in the project management of partner organizations’ implementation of Asemio’s Community Integration Platform.
Skills and experience
Education and professional experience:
● Associate or bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or related field
● At least five years of professional project management experience required
● PMP certification is a plus
You have a terrific spidey sense and can follow the clues your intuition is giving you when a project might be getting off track. You know how to manage both the tactical day-to-day operations of project management as well as the long-range strategic elements and nuances of client success management. You will monitor progress and work with the team to ensure we make adjustments as needed.
You will be asked to make decisions, sometimes with limited information. You will be asked to be the bearer of difficult news when necessary, sometimes with clients and sometimes with your teammates. You’ll be required to autonomously manage your regular and ad hoc project management tasks and to balance the tactical and strategic elements of the project and client relationship. You will need to be up to speed on the projects’ software requirements so that you can intercede when necessary.
You’ll be reporting to the Director of Professional Services. Depending on the project you are responsible for managing, you will report to others and others to you, in alignment with a defined accountability matrix.
Project management experience and skill requirements:
● Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
● Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
● Experience completing projects using a documented software development life cycle methodology
● Excellent analytical skills
● Proven ability to clearly identify and communicate problems and implement creative solutions
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Extremely resourceful in team coordination, communication, and project management
● Proven ability to complete projects according to established scope, schedule, and budget
● Experience with industry practices for both client-facing custom software development as well as internal software product development is a plus
● Experience in process creation is a plus
● Experience with collaborative, iterative, and human-centered processes (e.g., agile, human-centered design, continuous quality improvement) is a plus
● Experience in change management is a plus
● Cross-sector domain experience is a plus, particularly in public health, economic development, criminal justice, and/or education
● Ability to actively engage with other project managers to exchange skills and wisdom is a plus
● Community volunteer experience is a plus
Help us solve real-world problems in the communities we care about.
We are Asemio and our team of data scientists, software engineers, architects, and management consultants are working together to achieve a nationwide data ecosystem for social good.
We’re looking for bright, tenacious problem-solvers to join us as we help communities achieve transformation goals by enabling better data-informed decision-making across education, health, criminal justice, and social services systems.
Asemio team members are introspective, resilient, empathic, and balanced decision makers. We practice radical candor and look for opportunities to build, inspire, and grow together.
How to Apply
If our vision excites you, and you have a desire to learn more, then send us your résumé and tell us about yourself. In return, we welcome the opportunity to share how our combined forces, fueled by the passion to make a difference, create innovative solutions to complex community problems. Applications can be submitted online at www.asemio.com/#Careers.
Asemio is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to offering an inclusive and respectful workplace and believe that a diverse team is critical for us to do our best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.