Syndio—Remote Home Office
Do you want to empower organizations to fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain and compensate their employees? Syndio is a Series-C technology company committed to fairness in the workplace. Fueled by investments of $83M from Bessemer Ventures, Voyager Capital and social change organization Emerson Collective, Syndio is investing in growing our team and products.
This is a critical moment when organizations are looking for ways to take tangible action to fight gender and racial bias, and we believe creating diverse and inclusive workplaces for all starts with workplace fairness.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and driven back end software engineer who can have a substantial impact on equality in the workplace by driving scalable software engineering solutions for Syndio’s PayEQ product. The right person can take on and overcome challenges at a fast-paced startup and ensure high quality platform development that meets our users needs. You will be joining our growing engineering team and will design and implement engineering approaches that align with the company’s overall strategy.
Why this job is exciting
- You will be responsible for overall technical design of discrete mid to large solutions to deliver Syndio services to end users.
- Propose pragmatic approaches to developing new features that align with the technical best practices and fit within the overall Syndio architecture.
- Work with other back end engineers to implement technical solutions in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Provide direction and mentorship for other back end engineers in their day to day activities and mentor more junior engineers in best practices, code standards and Syndio architectural approaches.
- Propose alternative approaches and solutions to solve problems and improve processes.
- Work with the front end team and the product team to ensure back end APIs meets the requirements of the product or solution
- Demonstrate secure applications development and contribute to the engineering organizations best practices.
- You want to be an individual contributor, designing and implementing cutting-edge engineering approaches.
- You have experience in enterprise technology applications architecture (we use GCP), design, development, and maintenance, with a strong focus on performance, reliability, and security.
- You bring software engineering methodology experience with a focus on testing discipline.
- You have experience with Python/Django and/or GoLang, PostgreSQL.
- You have strong knowledge of API architecture and experience building APIs.
- You excel in a collaborative environment, supported by a strong team of design and engineering resources.
- You are ready to work with teams across the organization to ensure platform scalability, security, and maintainability.
- You have excellent communication skills that enable you to interface with both technical and non-technical teams.
- You bring problem-solving and critical thinking skills to our dynamic startup environment.
- You are passionate about our mission to close pay gaps and create fairness in the workplace.
Why you’ll love it here
- 💰 Competitive Compensation. For this role our base salary is targeted at $150k -$180k per year. Final offer amounts are determined by factors such as experience and expertise.
- 💸 Additional Incentive. This role participates in our annual performance bonus as well.
- 🏆 Syndio Equity. So you can share in Syndio’s success.
- 🏝 Flexible Vacation Policy. We encourage our team to recharge when they need to.
- 🩺 Medical, Dental, Vision. Syndio pays 90% of employee premiums, and 50% for dependents.
- 🏥 Life Insurance & Disability. Syndio covers the full premium.
- 🏦 401(k). To help you save for your future.
- ✈️ Company paid annual retreats to spend time with the team and have fun together (or a still-pretty-great virtual retreat when there’s a global pandemic)
At Syndio, we’re building a diverse team that values candor, curiosity, and community. If you share these values and are interested in joining us, we’d love to talk with you even if you don’t 100% meet the “about you” listed here. We don’t expect anyone to have all the answers, as long as you’re willing to learn and grow with us.
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, General Mills, Match Group, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.