Syndio—Remote Home Office
Do you want to empower organizations to fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain and compensate their employees? Syndio is a Series-C technology company committed to fairness in the workplace. Fueled by investments of $83M from Bessemer Ventures, Voyager Capital and social change organization Emerson Collective, Syndio is investing in growing our team and products.
This is a critical moment when organizations are looking for ways to take tangible action to fight gender and racial bias, and we believe creating diverse and inclusive workplaces for all starts with workplace fairness.
About the role
Syndio licenses software to companies to help them find and fix pay equity issues and stay in compliance over time. As a member of our new Platform Engineering team, you’ll be a major contributor to the reliability, performance, monitoring, and incident response for our infrastructure and applications.
You will work closely with our development team customer support to ensure the highest level of application performance and availability, latency, scalability, and efficiency of our products and infrastructure and build reliability into systems, as well as implement developer tooling and process.
Why this job is exciting
- Manage, monitor, improve, and experiment with cloud infrastructure environment. We use Google Cloud Platform, and Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
- Manage the availability, scalability, security, and performance of our platform and applications.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Technologies you are likely to be working with: GCP, Kubernetes, Terraform, Datadog, CircleCI, Codefresh, Python, Go
- 3+ years of experience in a cloud operations environment
- You can operationalize and maintain cloud services using Kubernetes (we use GKE).
- Experience with performance diagnostic, performance tuning, capacity planning, and monitoring
- Experience with continuous integration frameworks (we use CircleCI & Codefresh)
- Solid scripting experience (we use Python & Go)
- You appreciate working in a collaborative team setting.
- You are eager to learn, share knowledge and ideas, and grow with our team.
- You are calm under pressure.
- You are available and willing to step in for emergency response and incident management..
- You are relentlessly curious, willing to explore all aspects of the product to identify gaps in reliability and performance
- You want to own and drive initiatives within Syndio that leverage and build your skills and interests.
- You care about and share in our mission to eradicate pay disparity in the workplace.
- Within 1 month, you’ll complete a comprehensive and supportive onboarding process and be able to make isolated contributions to the product, developer tooling, and infrastructure.
- Within 3 months, you’ll have a grasp of the complete set of components (services, tools, configuration, etc.) that make up the product and infrastructure. You will continue to make isolated contributions. You will be a full member of the on-call rotation.
- Within 12 months, you’ll be able to suggest and implement complex changes to the infrastructure, developer tooling, and capacity planning
Why you’ll love it here
- 💰 Competitive Compensation. For this role our base salary is targeted at $132K – $156k per year. Final offer amounts are determined by factors such as experience and expertise.
- 💸 Additional Incentive. This role participates in our annual performance bonus as well.
- 🏆 Syndio Equity. So you can share in Syndio’s success.
- 🏝 Flexible Vacation Policy. We encourage our team to recharge when they need to.
- Up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 🩺 Medical, Dental, Vision. Syndio pays 90% of employee premiums, and 50% for dependents.
- 🏥 Life Insurance & Disability. Syndio covers the full premium.
- 🏦 401(k). To help you save for your future.
At Syndio, we’re building a diverse team that values candor, curiosity, and community. If you share these values and are interested in joining us, we’d love to talk with you even if you don’t 100% meet the “about you” listed here. We don’t expect anyone to have all the answers, as long as you’re willing to learn and grow with us.
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, General Mills, Match Group, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.