Software Developer (Oklahoma City)
Teleflora is busier than ever with Valentine’s Day around the corner! Teleflora, the nation’s leading floral delivery service, is seeking a talented Software Developer that’s experienced with Lawson. You’ll be working in a fast-paced development environment, creating application code using primarily MicroFocus or Visual Cobol. You’ll work closely with various Teleflora employees on the coordination of design and development decisions. You will work with a small team of other developers, both local and at remote locations while demonstrating strong interpersonal skills. This position will involve interaction with other Teleflora development staff, management, Teleflora Quality Assurance personnel, as well as working with technical support for external vendors.
- Perform detailed analysis of reported problems.Provide management with proposed solutions (and caveats thereof) to reported problems.
- Identify and communicate potential issues and improvements to management and/or QA.
- Implement code changes to address reported problems, or new improvements.
- Work closely with Teleflora QA staff for the identification of new issues, and the resolution of fixed bugs.
- Use Teleflora procedures for documenting bug reports and their resolutions.
- Provide “tier 1” support for Teleflora customer support as needed.
- Responsibility for maintaining current source code, source documentation, version control and ensuring that change management procedures are followed.
- Ensure established application software policy and standards are followed.
- Ensure that sensitive data is handled strictly in accordance with published company policies and procedures.
- Meet performance standards as established by management in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide coding and integration skills to meet the established deliverable due dates.
- Perform conversions of data from other floral applications.
- Communicate and provide technical documentation.
- Provide activities in compliance with IT standards and procedures, audit requirements, reliability, quality and security.
Education & Experience:
- Utilize strong problem-solving skills.
- Application Design and Development
- Visual Studio
- Visual Cobol experience
- Experience with: Cobol, C#, Lawson Software, SQL Server or Oracle Database, Stored Procedures
- Previous experience in the floral industry.
- A history of development within the Windows OS.
Bachelors Degree in CS / CIS and/or 5 years equivalent work experience
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Provide strong planning and organizational skills and maintain the ability to effectively handle multiple situations, manage priorities and work with only minimal supervision and direction.
- Utilize strong problem-solving skills.
- Display a strong desire to achieve and attain high levels of both internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate technical aptitude and enthusiasm in various system technologies and disciplines.
- Maintain a constant awareness and understanding of emerging technologies and methodologies.
- Must be able to maintain a fast and consistent activity pace at all times.
- Must portray high levels of professionalism, appearance, motivation, and positive attitude in all endeavors.
- Work is performed in an inside office environment.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) – allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
Say everything and share your “Love Out Loud™” with the gift of Teleflora® flowers–all made by hand and delivered by hand by your local florist. With more than 10,000 member florists in North America alone, Teleflora offers the kind of personal touches, artistry and expertise you expect from a trusted neighborhood florist–even if that neighborhood is across the country. No prepackaged flowers in nondescript boxes dropped on your doorstep–Teleflora’s network of professional florists creates artistic arrangements personally delivered in a vase, often on the same day. Teleflora makes every day an occasion with a two-in-one gift that includes a multipurpose keepsake container for long-lasting enjoyment. For more, visit: www.teleflora.com, or follow us on Instagram and Facebook and tag your own #LoveOutLoud moment.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.