28 Mar Sr. Database Administrator – Catoosa, OK (Tulsa)
Plans computerized databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines and protection. Ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools, such as base dictionaries. Establishes and maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates and monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database management. Proposes and implements enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Our DBA’s provide hands-on database maintenance, troubleshooting and monitoring to ensure the health and growth of our SQL Server Databases. This team member will assist in the administration and support of our database technology and will routinely interact and collaborate with operations staff and IT applications support staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Oversees assigned databases and ensure data integrity and security.
- Maintain detailed records and logs of all activities and procedures.
- Must be able to manage changing priorities and workloads.
- Provide support to both internal and external customers on a daily basis.
- Provide support for after-hours support operations and system maintenance that may occur.
- Mentors lower-level professionals.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
- Coordinates database customizations for existing applications and new project based applications.
Manages multiple projects without having direct supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study and 6 years progressive IT experience in a mid- to large-sized environment, preferably in a like yet lower level job. Prefer Certified MCSE and/or MCSP.
Strong experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012 & higher (stored procedures, triggers, functions, views, constraints & indexes)
Hands-on design and implementation of MS SQL Server databases in high-scale environment
Microsoft Power BI and Azure cloud services experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must possess excellent knowledge of basic system protocols and methodologies.
- Experience across multiple SQL and NoSQL database systems
- Experience with Idera, SolarWinds or other monitoring tools
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively in a team or independently.
- Must work well under pressure and handle multiple projects at once