The Systems Infrastructure Technical Specialist IV is a staff position that provides in-depth technical support for complex end-user cases with limited supervision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Under limited supervision, provide technical software, hardware, and network problem resolution to customer end-users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions in a call center environment or in person at a client site.
- Act as fourth-level contact for all end-users that need technical support by receiving and resolving escalations from lower-level technicians.
- Handle both client-facing and internal back-end technical support tasks such as troubleshoot network server issues, perform system backups and recovery, review server and security audits, administer infrastructure equipment (monitoring, maintenance, hardware/software upgrades, optimization, etc.), configure server resource allocation (CPU, memory, and disk partitions), e-mail routing and administration from various email products.
- Work as a technical resource with various responsibilities including administration of
- LAN/WAN/Internet/Intranet data communication systems, schedule and communicate system maintenance, collaborate with the senior network team and maximize network performance through various monitoring/tuning/optimization techniques. Assist less experienced technicians on various internal teams with client technical problems they encounter.
- Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner.
- Follow defined procedures and policies to resolve recurring tasks.
- Involve management on more sensitive or complex end-user problems.
- Perform related work as required.
- Technical Capacity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis/Critical Thinking.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Team Player.
- Good Decision Making.
- Work Independently.
- Time Management.
- Research Capabilities.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, scanners, and copy machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time; stand; walk; use hands to type, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday in one of the following timeslots: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Week-long on-call rotations are required and will most likely have an alternate work schedule. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Infrequent travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Advanced understanding of desktop operating systems, various software applications and PC/Server/Network hardware.
- Advanced understanding of principles and theories of network systems and management.
- Advanced understanding of Internet technologies and products.
- Advanced understanding of electrical safety procedures.
- At least three years of technical work experience or equivalent education.
- At least three relevant technical certifications (e.g., A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA) or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Hyper-V, DFS, and SAN management.
- A demonstrated propensity towards and proficiency with servers, networking equipment, and solving long complex technical issues.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in computer science-related field.
- Five or more years of related technical work experience.
- Five or more relevant technical certifications (e.g., A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.